Each year during the month of May, the National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) hosts Mental Health Month to raise awareness of mental health and help fight the stigma against mental illness.
How Can You Show Your Support?
1. Take the stigmafree pledge on NAMI.org
2. Share you experience with mental health
3. Use hashtags #mhm, #mentalhealthmonth, and #stigmafree on social media
4. Share mental health month graphics on social media
5. Join a NAMIWalks team
6. Educate yourself on mental health
- About 43.8 million adults in the United States experiences a mental illness in a given year
- About 1 in 5 teenagers between ages 13 and 18 experience a mental health disorder
- Bipolar disorder affects 2.6 percent of adults in the United States
- Schizophrenia affects 1.1 percent of adults in the United States
- Anxiety disorders, including PTSD and OCD, affect 18.1 percents of adults in the United States
Click HERE to learn more about Mental Health Month on NAMI.org.